The joys of the midterm elections...exciting, very exciting.
Now off to Europe...So when I started my international man of mystery and intrigue blog, the intent was to give the power to the people. Sorry it's so difficult to stop speaking all political when the voting addiction is rushing through my veins. Remember, I was going to take ideas from folks and then choose an idea, execute the idea and then document it. It's accountability time here at (CH)ICAGO ABROAD.
Ideas thus far:
Chateaux de la loire - France - Rosesa Chicago
Chateau de Chillion Castle - Switzerland Rosesa Chicago
Basler Fasnacht Carnival - Switzerland - Rosesa Chicago
Lautebrunnen - Switzerland - Rosesa Chicago
Trummelbach Falls - Switzerland - Rosesa Chicago
Rhine Falls Switzerland - Rosesa Chicago
Ski and Hike the Alps, Lake Como, French Riviera, Learn German - Derek Chicago, Grier and Kaycee Philadelphia
Eat chocolate, learn to make chocolate from a chocolatier - Mike J Chicago
First, I'd like to thank those that have sent their ideas and suggestions. I know for a fact there are more people reading this blog than the names listed above. Cast your vote, get in the game.
What's next? My wife and I are going to travel to Lucerne, Switzerland next weekend. This marks our first trip away from the kanton of Zurich and we're excited to hit the road and see what Lucerne has to offer.
Vote Early and Vote Often
| In Atlanta. |
If I was in Switzerland:
ReplyDelete(In an article today)
Best Places You've Never Heard Of: Binn, Switzerland
The Place: After decades of canvassing the Swiss countryside (he started leading hikes in 1986), Witt still gets excited about returning to Binn, in a small, secluded Alpine valley at the base of zigzagging peaks sporting countless shades of green. Local residents uphold a pact made more than 50 years ago to resist the kind of over-development that's added posh ski resorts and multi-lane highways to much of southwestern Switzerland. "Even today, the 16th-century stone bridge leading into the village of Binn bears the load of goats and hikers, not cars and buses," says Witt.
A picture of the bridge...
MikeyJ