 |
| By gosh you have a huge head, nope it's a Fathead but thanks! |
Word on the mean streets of Zurich is that even though my last post was short and sweet, it was also a tear jerker. My wife called me crying to say thanks for posting that very special installation. For the record, my intentions are not to incite the masses into tears so I apologize for getting all "emo" on my loyal followers. Yes, the posts have been somewhat sporadic or nonexistent in the past several weeks. I'd like to blame the in-laws and KC from Idaho, the fireworks show on New Years Eve in Zurich, Amsterdam and the Red Light District (RLD), but truthfully I made a non-executive decision to be completely Swiss and go on holiday. In Switzerland and most of Europe, when you go on vacation/holiday, you CAN'T do any work. It reflects poorly on you as a family man/woman. So that's what I did. Pretty much went to "chill, eat, drink and aimlessly do nothing productive" mode for the better part of a three weeks. I'm not going to lie though, it's been hard to restart the engine after taking a long pit-stop.
But here goes nothing....wait...before nothing...I have to warn you, this might be long and this might have a crazy amount of pics....so NOW here goes nothing...
It all started a couple days before xmas. The first set of in-laws arrived, slightly delayed but nothing too crazy, especially given all the nonsense that was going on in merry ol' England and France. It was an absolute mess in those two countries during the holiday and we were just grateful that none of our family had to travel through that nonsense. I'm not passing judgement, but european cities have been getting snow for centuries. Investment in a few high powered plows would be wise, no? Oh well, they arrived, I gave them the tour of our magnificent apartment (yes, I'm particular about our apartment, since I'm the Hausmann that keeps it all together) and then they were off for their first transatlantic jet-lagged nap. I figured I'd let them nap before I started taking all the crazy pictures....but after the nap the wife and I showed the in-laws a little bit of Zurich.
 |
| Jones' in front of their Hotel |
 |
| Romance in Zurich |
 |
| Mother and Daughter...random side street. |
That night officially started the drink-n-eat-a-thon! We decided to take the family to Almalfi, an Italian restaurant that we can see out our rear window. Basically in "waddling home" distance to our apartment. Just like our previous visit, the owner came out to greet us and welcome our wonderful guest. It's amazing, they kept offering us dessert liqueurs and complimentary vino. It's rude to turn down a gift but we had to put it to stop, so we asked for the bill nearly four times before they stopped bringing the gifts. Little did we know that this was just the pace car for the coming days.
Bright and early the next day, my brother-in-law and his girlfriend, KC, arrived. These two are pretty much high on life all the time. It's sickening to see them singing Sponge Bob Square Pants and talking about their imaginary friends, George PapaGeorgia and Abe Froman, Sausage King of Chicago. But they're happy and always excited for an adventure.
 |
| At Hauptbahnhof in front of the Swarovsky Xmas Tree. |
Later that night, we took the family to one of our favorite restaurants, Terrasse. Food was so good I couldn't keep my eyes open.
 |
| Family |
 |
| Hello Ladies! |
 |
| Oh you have a boyfriend... |
 |
| Outside of Terrasse, they have a few sculptures |
 |
| The Kids |
 |
| The Jones Family |
As you can see (or read) food and drink were a huge theme this week. I think the word family is Latin and means "to eat and drink as if there was no tomorrow and wake-up surprised the next day and do it all over again" Just my thoughts on the matter.
The next day was a bit nasty out, but like the troopers they are, the family was up for some sight-seeing.
 |
| Braving the weather. |
 |
| KC and GJ in his government issued scully, so trendy. The guy to left wanted to be in the PIC so badly |
 |
| Grossmunster in the background. |
Next, off to the xmas eve dinner at Eden au Lac. Eyes wide open this time...
 |
| Look at that beautiful young lady with that striking young man. |
 |
Family
|
After Chrsistmas Eve comes Christmas which means that Santa was coming with all the great gifts and possibly some coal for those bad children.
 |
| Yummy |
 |
| Stocking stuffer time |
 |
| Santa loves chocolate and Santa loves you |
 |
| Now all the ladies have the same hat. |
 |
| Someone got Tiffany from Santa and it wasn't me! |
 |
| Tight fit on the Couch at Casa Williams |
 |
| Nice Hat |
 |
| And yes Santa brought Snow with him too! |
There were many gifts exchanged this year: Necklaces, earrings, we received roughly 90 movies in english of course, a hand mixer for the mashed potatoes that I was craving for xmas dinner, cigars that were not cubans
.....but the best gift of all was the gift of family.
 |
| The ladies whipped up a great meal! |
Next post(s) Post Xmas and Day Trips, New Years Eve, and Amsterdam....
Bis Bald!
No comments:
Post a Comment